Swimming lessons at PSLC
Swimming lessons at PSLC are designed to help your child to develop confidence in the water. During the classes arm bands are used and kids learn through fun games. Learning how to swim is an important lessons and teach your children a skill for life.
Swimming lessons at PSLC are provided by fully qualified, experienced and Garda-vetted instructors, for all ages from babies to primary school children.
Primary School Children (5+ years)
swimming Lesson levels
- deep and advanced Levels, right up to Rookie Lifeguard Cert.
Your child will progress naturally through levels in a structured environment. Parents are welcome in the viewing area and the cafe while lessons are taking place. Members €85, Non Members: €105 for 12 week term.
Pre-school Children (2 to 5 years)
Wednesdays 11.25 – 12.00pm, 12.15 – 1.15pm and 1.15 – 1.45pm
Your child will develop confidence in the water with the use of arm bands, playing games and having fun.
Members €85, Non Members: €105 for 12 week term.
Parent and Baby Fun Swim (babies 6 weeks+)
Wednesdays, 10.50 – 11.25am
Take your baby into the water with you for a great introduction to swimming for life! Pay as you go. All welcome. €8.50 non member, €6.50 member.
Registration (places allocated on a first come basis).
PSLC Members: Monday 29th August from 10am.
Non PSLC Members: Tuesday 30th August from 10am.
The benefits of Swimming lessons
Swimming lessons are exciting and enriching experience for everyone involved and could spark a lifetime’s interest in sport.
Here are the top swimming lessons benefits:
- Swimming is a life skill
- Health and Fitness
- one of the best forms of exercise: involves every muscle group in the body with no stress on bones and joints.
- swimming improves both mental and emotional health
3. Social Skills
- possibility make friends and have fun in a different environment
4. It develops kids co-ordination
- Being in the water helps improve co-ordination and balance
5. Children who ca swim score significantly better
it’s been proved that ,kids who can swim, are better on a number of measures like physical, cognitive and language development